Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dealing with Rejection

Of all things, I am told that I have NO credit history.

OK well I know that THAT wasn't true a few days ago. I joined Lifelock after finding out about the garbage they had on me, and told Lifelock about it. They've requested fraud alerts from the three bureaus. Something happened. Maybe they found out that ALL of it was fraudulant!

I'm supposed to call the broker guy but why bother? Today I'll identify and sell some stocks to free up cash, and tomorrow I'll drive to SelecTrucks to negotiate a cash purchase. I'm bleeding cash and can't keep doing this.

...of course, I can't let THEM know that! I've switched to a weekly rent here and prepaid it. I'll have to psyche myself into believing that I've got all the time in the world. I can be honest with them about having money, tied up in depressed stocks, and tell them that I'll be taking a 20% hit of I have to sell them.

I've got about 15k available. 8k of my money is locked into an IRA and a 401k. I'll ask them how far they can come down, and if they put the ball back into my court, offer 30k.

The fact is, I'm bluffing. I HAVE to nail down this truck, because of the time-factor, and the fact that they're hard to find. But THEY have to believe that I'll walk away, so that they really will come down as far as they can.

Part of it will be asking them if the 15k would do for a deposit, and could they let me drive for the rest? I know they can't--but will be conveying my financial distress to them.

But I'll get that truck. I can put the 15k down that day...deciding what to sell, and transferring the money (to the business account; I need Bat Owtahel Inc. to make the pruchase).

Damn. Better start my research okbye

No comments: