Saturday, July 19, 2008

Be Prepared

Well, I can't allow failure to be an option. I have to get this truck.

Aw dammit the italics are stuck again! Hmm...no okay it's the button--shows them as on but...nevermind.

If this lender fails to come through for me (and they have a stipulation: The truck can't have over a 60' sleeper. It's just rediculous! I HAVE to have a 72" sleeper--where do these clowns come up with this crap?)

...As I was saying before so rudely interrupting myself, I have to be ready for another rejection. I have to have a fall-back. And that has to be, pay cash.

I figured out the math. I'd have to sell a number of shares in my personal account, and accept some serious losses. These are, however, tax credits applicable against my top line. The truck is an asset, and I think that the purchase price is a cost of doing business, or something. Maybe not, though...sure would be nice...

Yeah, I'd have to eat some losses to free up the cash, and moreover reduce my insurance/nestegg.

However, I would now be earning 300 bucks more a week, in addition to the higher pay at the new carrier. I would now own it free and clear, and be able do whatever I wanted to it.

It's part of a package: 33% more gross income, plus 300/week I no longer pay, plus (down the road) 400/week more that I save on fuel after installing the hydrogen generator. I can catch up in a big hurry--still probably have time to re-acquire my cheap stocks at or near the bottom--and more of them.

Sometimes, you have to take a step back to take two foreward. You have to take some punches to get inside. And that's what I'll do, if the second lender won't finance me. And I can give Ryan the definitive answer he needs, when he needs it.

OK. Now, I'm prepared. See ya later.

No comments: