Thursday, July 15, 2010

Reality Is

Believe it or not, the rest of my harness was alledly delivered today, but of course the work wasn't done, so here I am again.

Big surprise: At 4 pm Ed at Jamestown tod me Junior was gone. I said "Oh--we're doing this again?" and Ed hollered that I should call "that bitch from hell" and hung up on me.

Ed's explosion didn't bother me--that's just Ed. It told me, however, that he himself was boiling over, because the intra-company cabal was STILL screwing everybody!

I did just what he suggseted, and called the bitch from hell. I told her that at noon tomorrow I was calling the attorney general and tha they were about to get investigated. (Ed might have made a mistake hanging up on me.)

Afterward, when Brian the desk guy at Philly Freightliner (which should be avoided at all costs) almost predictably informed me that my truck wouldn't be ready til tomorrow--I called Courtney.

While updating her and asking for more money (dammit), I also asked her: If she were stiffing her drivers, who would scare her. (She knows all about my situation. Since she's shelling out for all this, I'm sure she's kinda irked too). She conlulted her associate Corina, who I gather has some legal background. They'll get back to me.

Meanwhile, I can't trip over nickels on my way to dollars, and will focus on running all the loads I can get for them.

They can't get away with this. It's war now. But I can do what I need to on the internet and phone without losing one precious mile. I care less for the money now than I do about justice.

I emailed Randy and Brian--I don't know if my actions will help or hurt the good people at my former company, and I'm asking them to either tell me to back off, or to help me.

Since all along Junior could have at least approved some smaller payments, I think I'm being about as reasonable as I can. 100 drivers got stiffed. That's a class-action suit, aint it? What am I missing here?

No comments: