Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Other Shoe

Well, my cruise kept disengaging. Then the disengagements became stalls. I strongly suspect an electrical problem, since an issue presenting some of the same symptoms was repaired five weeks ago. Prior to finding that genius in Cincinnati, I'd been told that I needed to replace all my injectors and that they'd have to replace my wiring harness.

It was a plug/connection, but I don't know the exact location.

But I got here to Cambridge, MA.

Can't get the truck in. In seven years I have never failed to deliver, and here we go: My first load with this company, and I got mechanical issues AND can't deliver.

I don't get paid to unload, but would break it up and take it in piece-by-piece if I had one guy helping me--but they won't. Plus, it's 1200 lbs. I might not be ABLE to do it; the boxes might be too heavy, and insurance won't let an employee into my truck.

Jeez...and I already told the company about my stalling issues. They have me heading to west VA from here for a load going to Cinci, so that I can get the genius to fix me. I get the feeling that I can control the problem by shutting down every couple hours. You know--drive like most truckers do: from truckstop-to-truckstop).

The only other option would be a Freightliner, and they'd shut me down for awhile, plus hose me--and I haven't got much money yet.

The heat-wave up here doesn't help, since it seems like heat makes it worse.

Well, I called the reciever's emergency number, looked over the bay's equipment and found out nobody would help me even if I could break up the pallet, called dispatch, and now I wait.

No comments: