Friday, July 10, 2009

I Can't Drive 55

The state of Ohio just raised the truck speed limit to 65. Better late than never.

My weekly run is from Cleveland to Louisville with a stop in Columbus...then back to Cleveland. This week, after that I got an Indianapolis to Rutherford, NJ (where I am now...parked on the street and probably stuck without a load).

It was great. I was going in the same speed-range as the 4-wheelers, so it was much easier to let them merge and to avoid near-collisions. Stress was down--safety was up. I delivered my loads (Priority Mail and Air Freight) earlier. So if you were waiting for a package...

The Indi-to-Rutherford load is...well let's just say it was really hard to log legally before, but is now not a problem. This was an all-nighter, and I was able to take a nap this morning enroute. With the idiotic split-speed in Ohio before, I probably would have had to just drink more caffeine.

I was averaging 8.3 mpg. Now I'm averaging 8.3.

Now, I'm empty and not space-trucking on caffeine. I will be able to sleep. I will be ready for my next load sooner, and will be at peak efficiency without stimulants.

Congratulations to the State Of Ohio for doing something intelligent. Illinois, are you watching?

For that matter...Tennessee, what about you with that 55 trucks bullcrap that's spread throughout your state? I bypass you now whenever possible. Don't spend a dime if I can avoid it. Dumbasses...

I'm semi-proud to be from Ohio again. THANK YOU!

No comments: