Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tucson, AZ

got my new windshield and had to pay another 480 to get repaired, plus hotel. The earlier deposit into my account was actually what was left of my USA security deposit after AEL got done with it. My first paycheck is only now in the mail, and because the fuel-deductions are to-date--it was pretty small.

Many truckers go ballistic over this kind of thing, but the fact is, you have to pay for the fuel now or later, and wind up netting the same money.

I finally ordered the Xado ceramic treatment stuff, and some nutritional supplements. This was a good tun, though I've averaged a little over 6.1 mpg's due to going 75 mph a lot. I didn't have to, since this delivers the day after tomorrow, but just can't help it.

Due to the staggered nature of my checks, I've had to hold off on any bigger purchases. I might also have been a bit stupid in having my paychecks snail-mailed. I may be able to deposit them myself at ATMs. I never considered it out of habit. At my other companies, I was all over the country and rarely at the main terminal. Here, I'm there every week, and could just grab my checks and deposit them myself (I think--I'll check it out).

I still get mighty nervous about letting a machine take my check.

Anyway, if the ATM thing works for my personal as well as my corporate account, I can just put my third or fourth paycheck in there to re-load it (the corp owes me over 25 G's, and I'd hate to have to break my kneecaps or something.)

The wireless signal amplifier and hydrogen generator will come first, and I think my second and third checks should cover them. I just need to get some money back in my personal account because I use that to shop for food and for road-money which isn't deductable.

The tax stuff lurks in the background. I thought about holding off on the generator to pay my accountant first, but dammit--once I have the engine ceramicized and that thing installed, I could easily be getting another 2 mpg's! That's a lot of extra money per-week, and the sooner I get that taken care of, the sooner I make the big bucks.

If I can't get another extension, I will have enough to pay my accountant and pick up the forms and my records, at least. And even if I have to dump the rest of my portfolio, I'll make sure to pay Uncle Sam to get myself current.

Jeez...then to set up with my new accountants...and they might want to get paid like a grand up-front...jeez...

Well it's late good night.

No comments: