Monday, May 28, 2007

CLEVELAND


Well here I am. Where is everybody? Gee I thought they'd read my blog and want to see me!

I'm very hurt. Evidently, the selfish bastards don't realize how important I am! No--I know! They're just going to surprise me--that's it! I don't know how they're going to do it, since I'm behind a security fence, but that's the only logical explanation.

But I can't miss my beauty sleep, sitting here waiting, so they'd better hurry up. HEY GUYS! HURRY UP! That oughtta do 'er.

Meanwhile I'm soaking in the atmosphere, listening to 1100 am. The Injuns came close with Boston and Kurt Schilling, but lost...getting blatently hosed by the umps. Same old Cleveland! (the hosing part, I mean.)

HOTEL REVIEW: Raintree Inn (Best Western), Effingham, IL. Awesome, man! Park your rig right there, less than 50 yards from the hotel, the restauraunt, the LOUNGE, and the Petro Truckstop. Reasonable price. You get shampoo to swipe. You can ask for more and swipe that too. Breakfast includes chipped beef, fruit, and some other stuff I don't like.

The remotes work, and you don't need to be two feet away from the TV, like you do at one hotel that will never see me again. (I'm not kidding. I figured the remote needed batteries, because I had to get two feet away. The lady at the desk explained that it works fine from two feet away. As if that's perfectly normal. Then I went to a nearby truckstop for coffee, and on the way back this ugly bitch hollered at me and chased me down to ask for money. I started to say no, but she said, conversationally, that she knew that was my truck. (...and I'd hate to see anything happen to it because you didn't give me money, see?))

Nothing like that at the Raintree. AND (get this): Everybody speaks english, and is from America! Aint that wild, man?

And if you're nice to the barmaid, you can get smashed for about 15 bucks, inc. tip!

The restauraunt gives you the salad bar with the veal parmajan to go. These people don't know who they're messing with! I had to make sure to bend my knees when I put that container in my cooler, lest I throw out my back. Ate all day today. Man, the only way to beat the kid at a buffet to go is little micro-containers, or else by weight.

Yep. Crickets. Bet they're sneaking up on me now with a big cake and fireworks and stuff....

Okbye.

No comments: