Sunday, October 17, 2010

Salt Lake

Finally got one out here. It doesn't pay very well. It's a small load, and they tried to get me a piggyback, but I guess they couldn't.

It's troublesome, because Korena said she got Fedex and auto parts loads (these pay very well) to/from the coast "all the time."

At the time, she was trying to get me back after losing me to Medallion. I've learned to expect exhaggerration, so I defaulted "all the time" to "sometimes". But I did ask if she could yo-yo me back and forth from the west and back every week, and she said yes she could.

It's pretty early to draw any conclusions, but I get the impression that they were moving me around the region (with high-paying, usually light loads that I can't complain about) while trying to find me a high-paying load out here.

I didn't get this until I asked where all those loads out west she talked about were. They lowered their pay-standards to get it--in other words, for a couple weeks now, no auto parts or Fedex out of VA, PA, OH, CT, WV. That's what bugs me.

Well, this was light, and if I had been able to get a piggy-back partial it would have paid great. I am here (got here two days early), in Utah.

I could check in at the reciever today (24 hours before my 103o monday appt. time). However, the Browns are playing the Stoolers, and I want to watch it. So I'll take my 34 hour reset and deliver this one on-time. If my agents planned anything for me, it's based on that anyway.

So I'm at the Quality Inn 5 miles away, and I'll catch a shuttle to a Sports Bar later this morning. Great deal here! 39.00 trucker rate!!!

I had to park nose-in in a corner, because some gaping rectum dump truck driver parked just well enough to prevent semis from parking in front of or behind him. But I'm cocked so that I'll be able to back into a clear driveway to get out...unless another gaping rectum parks in the middle of a driveway, which just might happen.

Ya know, I feel able to still kick somebody's butt, but my age is irrefutable, and a figure I'm opptimistic. Besides, I'd have to do lethal stuff, so either I get my butt kicked or I hurt or kill somebody and go to jail, so I no longer even track these scumbags down or raise hell.

I mean, a couple weeks ago, this UPS guy was parked in a truckstop driveway and was inside the stop. He'd left ONE lane for two-way traffic to squeeze by him. A bus parked and unloaded NEXT TO him, and those people were taking their bloody time.

The bus driver apologized to me. Okay a dumb mistake and now she was stuck with it. OK. Then the UPS diver comes back and I say "this is your fault"--pointing at the trucks behind me on the street--the traffic jams on both sides.

He gets out to confront me, saying the bus driver did it. "Man, look where you're parked!"

I mean, he was half the problem, right? He was obviously wrong, and no doubt realized it AFTER arguing with me.

How are you raised? "Stand up for yourself", or "be a man"? I'm sick of this--right or wrong, you come back at me. When you're wrong, you're wrong, and being a MAN is about being straight, and admitting that!

And I get so downright adrenalized over this idiocy that I just can't let myself say anything anymore. Some idiot who was taught to stand up for himself but never taught HONOR will get physical.

You assholes first park in other peoples way, drop your garbage in our world, and then get all worked up when somebody points it out to you. You should all burn in hell. When you're wrong, you're wrong. BE a man about it...freaking PUNKS.

But I digress. Anyway my direct deposit finally got set up so I transferred money to my business account.

Update: It's monday and I spent fgour hours trying to get stuff signed and faxed for my Prepass change-of-credentials. First my company didn't get the fax, then they did on a different line, then the hotel fax was broke...then I left a message for the company to fax the authorization to Prepass instead and tried to fax my papers but THEIR fax number didn't work...

...and I had to abort the mission and deliver this load. which I probably could have delivered four hours ago. I really, really...nevermind.

I was surrounded by Stoolers fans watching the Browns game, but it was Utah and they were cool.

Well anyway I'm ion a door now and in good shape with my laundry done and a free hot breakfast in me so it's still all good, except some truckstop will gouge me on the faxing.

No comments: