Saturday, October 30, 2010

Calhoun, GA

Found a Days Inn here where I'm parked right outside my room, and it's got a Mexican restauraunt which serves boose attached to it. I deliver to Jacksonville on monday, and it's saturday, so I'm taking my 34 hour reset here. Korena says she'll get me back near my PO Box (and old company, which still gets the packages that can't go to the box), and from there to California.

I love it.

And now that I'm saving some money, I ordered some stuff, hoping it will get there in time for my check-in. I'm supposed to be getting a new BestPass box (my battery is dead), some carb-blocker...

I also did a new search for commercial truck fuel saving devices and found the hydrogen generators again. I'm pretty excited about it, since they've found a newer gas mix that's 3.5 times as effective as the old hydrogen-oxygen mix.

Along with corrosion and, in some cases, daily refilling, the issue before was the anemic (for a big truck) 6 litre per-minute production, and the fact that the alternator would have a prodigeous load on it--so I'd be replacing alternators every couple months.

This one produces 5 litres of the superior mix per-minute for 65 amps. But I'm clueless about electricity and aren't sure what that means. I don't know how many amps my toaster oven, mocrowave, or running lights pull, even.

But if it's acceptable, that's it. This thing comes with a two year warrantee. They claim to have solved the terminal corrosion and plate-deposit issues, and it won't freeze down to 30 below.

It's 3 grand, plus I'd go to a shop to have a real mechanic install it (about 400 more).

Fuel prices are now temporarily stabalized, until our enemies decide it's time to rachet them up again. They know us well. Two months after 911 the war was being questioned. Today we've promised our enemies we'll withdraw. All it took was no domestic attacks, and letting higher fuel prices sink in for a few months. And we, of course, blame the oil refiners for that.

Likewise, at first everybody wanted a hydrogen generator and other fuel-savers. Then the prices dropped back maybe 13% from their peaks, and everybody (except me) said "whew!" and stopped looking.

Well, now even after I've slowed down to 67 mph even in 75 mph states, I average about 6.5 mpg's (I got through mountains and high altitudes a lot). With a generator, I can really, truly expect to get over EIGHT. My fuel savings for a week could easily be over three hundred bucks.

I don't care what fuel prices are. I'd still be trying to get a working, reliable hydrogen generator if fuel cost a dollar less at the pump.

I never understood most other people. Like, when the lottery gets beyond ten million or whatever, people who don't normally buy tickets start buying them. Why? Two million is chump-change? To me, it's just insane.

It's also scary. It's an american weakness. Our enemies, which do indeed include the people we buy our oil from, treat us like the frog in the pot. As long as the temerature change is gradual, we'll sit there grinning happily until we boil alive.

Money is money, people. If you can give yourself a 300.00 a week raise, I recommend doing so. If you don't, simply because fuel prices are temporarily barely tolerable, you are a moron.

WHEN our enemies decide it's time to rachet prices up to an unprecedented level again, if I have the generator, I should be able to survive. You? You'll be blaming the people who BUY the oil from those assholes for making an average freaking 5% profit--and going out of business.

...I was gone for awhile, but I'm back now.

Getting over eight mpg's, I could go 70 mph in the fast states. The added power would help me stay in higher gears in the mountains, and offset the thinner atmospheric density. The greater range would let me be more selective about where I do fuel, saving me maybe another nickel per-gallon. I wouldn't have to stop as often (and that costs a ton--the slowing down and speeding up--wow).

Meanwhile, my prepass seems irrelevant. I get a red light at almost every open weigh station. This time I've got 3,000 lbs. elbow room on every tandem, but they still drag me off the road. Except Tennessee--thank you Tennessee for not making me burn a whole lot of extra fuel for nothing.

Well, just in case anybody ever checks this site, I'll include a link to the hydrogen generator company in the next blog--if I do decide to get one.

No comments: