Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wow

The Pickaload loadboard is bombarding me with load notifications. I don't mind that, but the loads are from the entire region, and the dates go all the way back to today. As a result, I have to glance over them and then delete 9 out of ten immediately.

I also took the plunge and signed up with www.realtimefreight.com. I found zero loads. Set the watchdogs for that and www.truckbuzz.com (on which I can set a radius around Katy)...oh. I screwed up again. I set the www.pickaload.com watchdog for "include region". Katy isn't far from Shreveport, LA--that's why I did it. I'll go change it to Texas to filter out those OK, AR, etc. loads.

Randy hasn't talked to Da Boss yet, but no hurry. I'll be stopping there after checkout tomorrow to pick up my load info.

I had an in on one good load to MA which would have netted me a grand, but that broker had had issues with my company, and blacklisted them. I pointed out that I was me, and just using their equipment, and the fact that they were prosecuting the guy that might well have caused the mess, but that's probably a lost cause.

Somebody or other used a different MC number from my company's, which is always for crooked reasons. My guess is that it was a greedy and stupid O/O. They also had performance issues with them, meaning that they'd had late deliveries. This could all be the same moron, or else just plain bad drivers.

But there you go--Jamestown takes the rap for something that might well not have been it's fault, and it rolls downhill all over me. Too bad. Fortunately, that's just one broker.

I'm not giving up on Realtimefreight based on a couple sample searches. All I need is to get one load in a month from them to pay for the subscription.

Okbye.

No comments: