Sunday, July 29, 2007

Atlanta

I allegedly got here last night, so that I can reset and zero out my hours. It was a very good week. AND, after delivering right here where I'm parked bright and early tomorrow, I'll have til noon the next day (tuesday) before the pay period ends.

Wish I could get to California or Oregon more often. I make the most of the longer runs, because I can cram the resets in or deliver way early.

I called my second choice of prospective new partners. (As a contractor, I guess "partner" is the correct term.) I found out that they SELL some of their used company trucks.

In other words, they don't strictly lease them in order to hose drivers out of three to four times their value, and trap drivers in the company store. That changes things, and opens up another option for me.

I'm still saving. I was fortunate to have dumped all the stocks I did when I did, because the balance of my portfolio is hurting now. I eliminated my margin deficit and am about 17% cash, so I dodged a bullet. While my overall value dropped about 9% in just a couple days, I'm still well ahead, and what remains invested is in reasonable shape.

I'm glad I got my trading program, Deep Insight. It warned me, and it was right. It's more useful to me tealling me when to bail out that what or when to buy. The biggest part of what wiped me out in the past was my stubborn refusal to get out. TAKE THE BIRD IN THE HAND. The two in the bush are pteridactyls (sp?) and they gonna EAT ya!

Because of my recent moves, and the fact that this will make it two really good weeks, I can get the new truck and do whatever else I need to at any time. I just feel more comfortable piling up more money first...I mean, it's like insurance.

At some point, they have to bring me back to Little Rock, and from there I'll drive over to the other company to check out their trucks and interrogate their drivers (who will tell me the truth about the whole deal). Then, if neccessary, I'll hit the dealerships and see about financing something there. (Don't know what kind of trucks the company has. I gotta have an automatic tranny, a big sleeper, and MPG's).

The photo you see was taken in California--off I-10. When I get a homesite, I will--if it's feasable--have one of these wind generators. A smaller one, of course.

I saw what looked to me like a lot of dummies driving through the southwest. I saw a whole bunch of roofs, and not many solar cells. Man, you got all that sunshine all day every day, and you just let it cook your roof.

The solar cells SHADE the roof, so IT doesn't get so hot or wear out so soon. The SHADE saves energy because the roof isn't transferring heat. As for what electricity they generate, who cares if it's only enough for a portion of your needs--it's FREE!

Man, I'll get ALL the free electicity I can get. Maybe I'll get SEVERAL wind generators and sell the surplus juice, how 'bout that?

Well...gimme maybe three months. The next step toward that will have been taken. Moe munnah moe munnah moe munnah!

No comments: