Sunday, February 6, 2011

Still Stuck

I haven't bothered proofing my earlier posts because I'm too bummed to look at them again.

yeah, it's Superbowl Sunday and I'm still stuck here because my "intermediate steering column" never got there friday, ergo won't be there til...I hope...monday.

I told them to keep it down and alert me if my bill was to exceed 4 grand. (That's right. That's in addition to 2450 I already paid for all the other stuff.)

I think they're wrong about my windshield not meeting DOT specs, too. I think the rule is that it's not supposed to impair my vision, and the crack is clearly above my sight-line. I'll just have to see about that and my remaining alignment monday. I may need to take it back to the tire/alignment guy. he's a second opinion, anyway. Crap the windshield is another 300-plus bucks (and that's cheap).

It's maddening. I want to just get the hell out of here, and could put off the windshield (if I do need it) and the inspection. I mean, I'll be taking air freight near Philly, then korena manuevers me back here for another one of those. In other words, I'll be back here within a week, and could call ahead to make appointments and stuff. might well have to lay over a day or possibly two, as well.

But NOOOO! Oh hell no, because I don't dare delay the drive-tire alignment!

It sucks. Freightliner can't pick me up or drop me off. I'll owe them money and will ask them to take it right next door to Sumerel's (the alignment place), but I bet they're not allowed to let the truck leave their property til the bill is paid.

I might just throw up my hands and have Freightliner align it. It'll cost me an extra hundred bucks, but I can get the hell out of there. If I can't persuade them on the windshield, then I'll just put that and the inspection off and spend an extra 15 on the cab.

Meanwhile, if my (I paid 100 bucks extra for overnight--hahaha)--gets there it won't be til after 1100 and maybe early afternoon--then I don 't know how long it takes to get it back inside to get replaced.

Ah! Writing is good for clearing up my thinking--even though it no doubt confuses and bores any readers I ever get. That's what I'll do: Skip the windshield (and inspection of neccessary) and just make sure it's aligned.

I was turning myself inside out trying to save a hudred bucks!

IF the part gets there tomorrow, maybe I can get the hell out of here. IF it gets there, my worst case is staying here one more night.

Damn I hope I remember how to drive, ya know?

OK I feel better now. I bet a ten buck parlay on Green Bay -3 and over 45 1/2. I'll go to Margaritaville next door and watch some of it, and get my laundry done.

Go Pack!

No comments: