Wednesday, October 15, 2008

THEM

HAL had to be reformatted and will have no memories left. I had to hook up my new surgeon to the meatball guys which reformatted him in the first place. They spoke geekeze to eachother and my current technosurgeon determined a solution.

I got my ceramic treatment and treated my truck. Can't say much yet, except I SEEM TO have more power on hills, and it is (definitely) quieter. The treatment isn't considered final for about another 1500 miles.

My APU malfunctioned again, and this time there were metal shavings in the oil. (That is a bad sign.) My shop was trying to get the warrantee people to call them back when I had to run. They'd ideally send a whole new engine, but the techs think it more likely that they'll have to disassemble it first (and keep me off the road some more).

I guess when I get mad I buy stuff. I finally nailed down a trucker-only GPS unit for the bargain price of 399 bucks. It lacks the functionality and flexibility of my other one, but can be trusted to keep me out of trouble.

I'm now sitting outside a shipper, and will try to get on a door at 11 pm. My shipment got delayed til 5 am but I just want to park on a door so I can sleep and wake up loaded. The woman at the recievers hope I can get it to her in Cinci by 5 pm tomorrow but doubts it.

She obviously never met me.

From Cinci, I'll have to deadhead back to drop at Jamestwon and return to my shop in Hebron to see about the damn APU. I think. Loose ends. Problems. They're like those carnivorous plants in horror movies (or the wires in my truck). They're constantly around my ankles tryiing to trip me, tangling together. Why why why can't I just drive my damn truck for just two freaking weeks without something blowing up?

Dammit.

No comments: