Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Twilight Zone-Ziggy Murphy

I'm steppin into twilight-destination unknown.
Double-crossed messenger, all alone...

Got to Van Buren on wednesday to get my data transferred to my new computer and pick up my long-overdue corporate debit card and checkbook from Mailboxes etc.

These weren't there. I called E-Trade and managed to remain semi-calm as I demanded they be sent immediately. I was told that my card would be Fed-Exed, and get there within 2-4 business days.

Can't get no connection--can't get through, where are you?

I remained out of service at a hotel, and yesterday--monday--the Fed-Ex had arrived. Yay! I can finally get back on the road and stop losing my freaking shirt.

The new card was under my social security number, and the address on it was an address I haven't used for three years. In fact, the address before the address before this one.

So I call in apoplexy, and it takes a few minutes for me to calm down enough to bring the INDIAN guy on the phone up to speed. Ok goody they'll fix the error and it will only take merely 7-10 business days!!!

(Note: E-Trade sat on the account application for two months, and I had to raise hell to get it set up. After it was set up, the debit card and checkbook was supposed to be there in 7-10 business days. That was about five weeks ago. They also belatedly informed me that my corporate and private accounts could not be linked; that I can't PAY myself. Which is why I'm moving my private account and the bulk of my funds to another institution).

Well, I guess I have to keep bleeding into the margin of my personal account and go out on the road. I've already lost a ton of money.

So on the way to pick up my load, my ten day old alternator goes out.

..............I take it to Kenworth. They say they can't honor the warrantee. And that TA listed the wrong alternator number on the invoice.

They helped me out. I called the TA, and they said the invoice was not alterable. I had that guy call the Kenworth parts guy and they worked out that they could get the new alternator from Freightliner and the warrantee would be good.

So now I'm in another hotel room with my alternator-less truck in the shop and Matt no doubt thinking I've got to be making all this crap up because it's so unbelievable.

Well Feightliner and TA are open now so I've got to start making more phone calls and try to get the hell out of here so I can come BACK later to get my debit card.

What next?

No comments: