Sunday, April 6, 2008

Screwed

It's 1120 sunday in Rockwall, TX. Had an emergency on friday. The alternator went out, and I managed to get it here, to the TA, for repairs. When this happens, we're taken out-of-service, and off the load board.

When we get out of the shop, we send what's called a macro 15--saying we're back. The computer puts us back on the board at this time, and we get in-line for a load. I put mine in at around 8:15 pm friday.

After midnight sunday morning, a dispatcher told me to put in a mac 15 when my truck was out of the shop. I told him that I had, over 26 hours earlier. He simply told me to put in another one. He's a rather unsympathetic bastard.

Anyway, this morning I called to ask where I was in line. A less bastardly dispatcher started counting, and I started raising hell. She couldn't figure out why on earth I had been taken off the board in the first place, but did tell me that it had to have been a person, and not the computer. And no, whe couldn't override the computer and put me atop the list, where I should have been well over a DAY ago.

She's trying to hustle me up a load now, which I appreciate, but this has cost me about a thousand bucks. When I get back to Van Buren for the TIME OFF I have scheduled (losing more money), I'm going to see some people about this.

WHY was I taken off the board, and WHO did this to me? It was malicious.

I've got to say this, because it's relevant: I'm one of the best truckers in the industry, let alone this company. I'm almost always early and never late, am extremely productive, go above and beyond what's expected of mere mortals as a matter of course, and am good with customers. I solve most of my own problems--a dispatcher's dream.

WHY THE HELL DID I GET SCREWED LIKE THIS? WHAT THE HELL DID I DO?

I bet I can't even nail the culprit down. Unless they have set stations with sign-in codes or something, it could be any one of 2-4 people working that shift. But I'll tell you, if I can find this bastard (or bastardette), I'll do all I can to get them fired.

Dammit.

No comments: