Monday, January 10, 2011

Oak Grove, MO Back from Hell

Herbie's batteries were flatlined when I trtied to start him the next day. I waited most of the day for them to get him back in the shop.

I needed to replace my four 6-week old batteries, their locking rack, my alternator, and the starter in my APU. When the APU sensed low voltage, in tried to start. When is failed to start, it keprt trying over and over again until the last vestiges of any charge were gone.

The combined costs totalled about 2500 bucks.

I finally got my ultra-late load delivered monday morning, and outran the snowstorm to get here last night on my way to...someplace in MO 150 miles away.

I'm afraid that this has endangered Korena's UPS contract, or that they will block me from hauling any more of their freight. You, she, and I know that this cluster-fk wasn't my fault, but beancounters do what beancounters do.

I need a 34-hr reset so I'm in o hotel dragging my feet.

Oh: On the batteries, they're warranteed allright, but not with Sapp Brothers. If they had let me take the batteries to drag around until I could get to another Bosselman's, they'd have charged me 40 bucks each (160 total) core charge. The hell with it.

No comments: